Thursday, March 14, 2013

37 weeks and name debate




Here is Drew, daughter of my best friend, and my newest niece.  She was born by an unplanned c-section.  She was 6 lb 4oz and 19.25 in.  Mom and baby are doing pretty well.  Drew is in the NICU as her bilirubin levels are high and her blood sugar is a little low.  They will both be in the hospital until Thurs, at least. 

I think she looks like Josh in this picture.


Ok – saw Dr. Moulton last night.  Things are looking to be right on schedule, which is very positive.  Way too much to do at work and home between now and then to even think about going early!

Everything on the baby looks good; she had a strong heartbeat, and she was moving all over the place when the med student was trying to find the heartbeat.  It was quite entertaining.  The movements just confirmed that Lindly is passing her “kick counts” with no issues.  My blood pressure was a little higher than last week, but still very normal, and my weight actually went down a little bit.  Woo hoo!  By the sounds of it, Dr. Moulton thinks Baby Girl will probably be the same size as Carson.  Well, I’m still hoping she may be smaller.  It could happen, right?

On to the next issue: Cj and I cannot agree on how to spell Lindly’s name.  I want her name to be Lindly, as that’s how Lind-say and Car-ly spell their names, and I think it’s adorable.  Cj thinks it should be spelled Lindley.  He thinks it flows better that way, and that way we aren’t having a different spelling to Lindly’s name.  He says the name is still representing Lindsay and Carly, even with the “e” in there.  I just don’t care for the “e,” and I’m not crazy about the way it looks.  Cj’s other thought is that I named Carson, which I did for the most part.  His name was supposed to be Carson Joseph, but Tanner didn’t want Carson to ever be called “Cj” so I changed the middle name to William.  Cj says I came up with Lindly’s name, so I should let him have the “e.” 

Anyways, any input you have to our debate would be greatly appreciated, as it is becoming quite an issue at our house.  Thanks!

Smiles and Blessings,
CJ, Danie, Tanner, Carson, and Lindl(e)y

No comments:

Post a Comment